Emergency Roadside Battery Jumpstart Service in Corpus Christi
A dead battery can be a frustrating problem for anyone, but luckily there is a way to jumpstart the battery and get your car going.
When you’re looking to call a tow truck in Corpus Christi for this type of car service, there are a few things that a good tow truck will have on board to help jumpstart your battery. Though it’s likely that they won’t run to meet you with jumper cables as soon as you make the phone call, once they arrive at your location they should be prepared to do so. In most cases, all you need from them is an available set of hands and some directions on what to do next if jumping the battery doesn’t work right away. There will not be additional fees involved with this car service, and you’ll need to work out the details with our company before we arrive.
Before you get started:
- Make sure that both cars are grounded properly by wiping clean the metal surfaces touching each other, such as the battery terminals and engine blocks.
- Be aware of all safety precautions when working around a charging battery.
Steps for jumpstarting a dead battery:
- Position your two vehicles side-by-side with their engines turned off and their parking brakes on.
- Connect one end of the red cable to the positive post (marked with a “+” sign) on the dead or severely discharged battery.
- Next, connect one end of the black cable to the negative post (marked with a “-” sign) on the freshly-charged battery.
- Let your tow truck driver know that you’re ready to give it a go by starting the engine of the healthy vehicle.
- Connect the other end of the black cable to an exposed metal surface on your car’s frame, away from any moving parts. This will ground both cars and allow them to communicate via their electrical systems without danger of getting shocked themselves. Once this connection is made, you should be able to start the engine of your dead car with no problem at all.